Welcome

Welcome YA fiction fans! Thank you for visiting this blog.
My goal for this blog is teen literacy. I want to encourage teens to read and hopefully, get excited about books.
I am hoping this blog will create an collaborative interaction between individuals that enjoy YA fiction as much as I do. As you can see this is a new blog, so subscribing is much appreciated :)




Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Review - Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I just finished a YA Fiction book titled, Anna Dressed in Blood by author, Kendare Blake. This book is 320 pages of horror fun.  The story is about a girl, Anna, and a boy, Cas. Nothing new, right? Wrong. The girl is a ghost and the boy is a ghost hunter.  Does this not intrigue you?  I know!  I had to get it!  Additionally, I immediately picked this book up because of its stunning cover art. It just grabbed me, raised letters and all.  I give this book 5 stars. The horror genre is my favorite, the story is unique, the characters are interesting and the writing style is smooth- in which the author had me the first 3 pages in. Plus, the story is written in red ink, which is an interesting touch. This is a story both teen girls and teen boys will enjoy reading, because each can easily identify with the main characters.
You simply must check this one out. 
Happy Reading!

Star Rating: I give this book 5/5 stars * * * * *
Reading level: Ages 12 and up
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Tor Teen; First Edition edition (August 30, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0765328658
ISBN-13: 978-0765328656

2 comments:

  1. This book was a lot of fun! I have to admit, I don't think I liked it quite as much as you did--Cass got a little cocky for my taste--but I think the author is amazingly talented. I'm glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love it. I have the sequel to it, "Girl of Nightmares" on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete